CheerpJ is free to use for personal projects, most non-commercial applications, and for technical evaluations.
- Individuals can use CheerpJ for free. This includes:
- Most open-source projects
- Personal projects that generate income
- Public-facing applications (such as games, educational applications, etc.)
- Academic and non-profit organisations: please enquire for eligibility
- For all other organisations (commercial, public sector, etc.):
- Free for technical evaluations / testing
- Requires a Commercial license
- Example 1: You are using CheerpJ for a personal open-source project. Free license.
- Example 2: You are a company and you want to use CheerpJ to build a free customer-facing application. You require a license.
- Example 3: You are a company and you want to use CheerpJ to build a web application for internal use. You require a license.
- Example 4: You are a company and are evaluating CheerpJ to be used for a future commercial project. Free license.
- Example 5: You are a public sector, not-for-profit, or academic organisation. Contact us.
- Example 6: You are an individual developer building a commercial project. Free license.
If an application is not seen by internal or external users, it is considered a technical evaluation. This includes:
- An application that is not yet in production
- An application that is not yet available to the public
This does not include:
- An internal application that is used by employees
If you wish to self-host CheerpJ, you will need a license. Contact us for more information.
System Integrators (SIs), Resellers and Distributors, OEMs
Please contact us directly to discuss OEM or Reseller licences.
If you are not sure whether you require a license, contact us.